The Instructional Systems Designer is responsible for all phases of the ADDIE instructional design methodology. In collaboration with subject matter experts, graphic designers, programmers, and project managers, the ideal candidate will:
- Design and develop instructionally sound web-based and/or instructor-led courseware
- Storyboard courseware and design interactive and engaging HTML course components
- Use design elements (text, graphics) to communicate logical sequence within a lesson
- Be conversant in Section 508, HTML, CSS, and SCORM
- Manage project schedule to ensure timely completion of all associated tasks
- Successfully work within allocated budget
- Demonstrate superior oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt and understand instructional priorities
- Adept in use of common LMS systems
- Adept in use of cloud-based engagement applications, e.g., Zoom, WebEx, Adobe Connect, LiveStream, etc.
- 5+ years instructional design experience, working with adult learners
- Experience writing scenario-based, narrative-driven, interactive, web-based courseware
- Understanding of curriculum design principles
- Able to develop metrics and criteria to measure training effectiveness
- Demonstrable experience in project management and overall oversight of quality deliverables
Educational and Experience
- BA or BS required
Alexandria, VA, onsite and remote
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, inclusive of salary requirements, to HRdirector@ctp-inc.com, subject line “Sr Instructional Designer”. If you do not provide sample work product, your application will not be accepted or reviewed.
Candidate applications may be acknowledged but, due to the high volume of submissions, only final candidates will be contacted for future discussions.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to employment, credit and education verifications and criminal records check. All applicants are required to complete the associated paperwork in advance of an interview and writing samples may be requested.
CTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CTP is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class
Send Your Information
Do you think this position would be a good fit for you? Then, CTP would like to hear form you. Use the form below to send in your resume, and be sure to tell us about yourself and skillsets.