Corporate Compliance Challenge: There are a number of essential documents that a company must develop and update in order to maintain an effective export control compliance systems. Managers must know the following :
Does the company have an Export Management System (EMS) Manual?
- Is it current & comprehensive?
- Does it include all departments and functions?
- Is it coordinated with training materials and job descriptions?
Does a proper Commodity Classification Matrix exist?
- How recently was the matrix created or updated?
- Who assigned the ECCN or USML numbers? Were classifications conducted in-house or by suppliers?
- Does the matrix include products, technologies and software?
- Does the matrix contain Schedule B and HTS codes?
Are all the necessary Technical Documents current?
- Technology Assistance Agreements (TAAs)
- Technology Control Plan (TCPs)
- Management Licensing Agreements (MLAs)
CTP Solutions: We offer an excellent template to help you create an EMS Manual and we support this with on-site or virtual assistance in customizing it to your needs. Our engineers can provide on-site training for your technical staff or provide direct Classification Services to verify and/or build your Product/Technology Classification Matrix. Our legal/regulatory specialists can help you create or modify your Technical Documents, adapting to new situations and risk management strategies.