Export Licensing of Military Items on USML
Obligations under the ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) have always been complex and strict but with heightened security concerns and a changing regulatory landscape, the focus on jurisdiction and licensing requirements has intensified. Whether you’re new to export compliance or seeking additional assistance in a crunch, CTP can support your efforts with both legal and technical expertise.
CTP consultants can help you:
- Verify your jurisdiction and classifications on the United States Munitions List (USML)
- Register with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)
- Get set up in the electronic licensing system DECCS.
- Research possible license exemptions based on your transaction details
- Prepare (or teach you) to submit export license applications
- Help you manage your export licenses and comply with specific provisions
- Draft special licensing documents like Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA) and Manufacturing License Agreements (MLA)
Export Licensing of Dual Use Items on CCL
The EAR (Export Administration Regulations) and the CCL (Commerce Control List) are intended to be clear and concise, but many exporters struggle to understand their regulatory guidance and licensing requirements. This problem has been exacerbated by ongoing reforms, emerging technologies, and heightened national security concerns.
CTP is uniquely qualified to help with these challenges. We have several former Commerce/BIS engineers and licensing officers, including our founder, Tom Fergus, who are recognized experts in the specialized world of export control classification. Their technical skills and experience, combined with our legal experts, gives us a complete skill set to handle all of your licensing and regulatory challenges.
CTP experts can help you:
- Develop a licensing strategy for your products and international business markets
- File export and reexport licenses via SNAP-R as a third-party on your behalf
- Understand license exemptions available to you based on your business model
- Advise on deemed export licenses for foreign nationals
Best Practices in Export Compliance
No matter where you start or what challenges you face, the objective is the same:
An effective and efficient compliance program that addresses your current needs, anticipates your future needs, overcomes external and internal transitions, and promotes a culture of compliance within your organization.
It is not a finite task but an ongoing challenge.
CTP is on the GSA Schedule, where Government clients can easily secure CTP services.
Multiple Award Schedule (MAS)
Contract number GS-00F-175CA.
OASIS SB Pool 1
Contract number 47QRAD20D1028.