The ideal applicant must be highly organized and motivated and should bring the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- The Program Director must be an upper-level management official with at least five years of management experience in one or more of the following fields: personnel/performance management; demonstrated management and supervision of staff; and/or experience in setting up management, administrative, and financial systems.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing for USG contracts preferred.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, coordinate, and balance multiple priorities to serve multiple internal requirements in a collaborative team environment
- Able to handle high stress environments and work efficiently and rapidly under the pressure of constant deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementing, planning, monitoring, and/or evaluating education programs highly desired
- Significant experience working in in Central America and/or the Caribbean preferred
- Experience in managing both the professional/technical and the contractual/administrative aspects of USAID contracts and/or cooperative agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience overseeing multiple staff members in a USG setting
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, coordinating, and reporting on activities to ensure they are efficiently and effectively implemented in a manner that achieves the objectives of USAID
- Understanding of USAID mission elements to include:
- Communications and Outreach
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Education and Youth Development
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Sufficient sector knowledge to assess the qualifications of prospective candidates who will further USAID’s mission
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, editing, document review, and project management skills.
- Desirable, but not required, is experience managing both bilateral and regional activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
Educational and Experience
- Master’s degree in International Education, International Development or related field preferred
- Experience working in a government contracting environment highly desired
- Experience supporting programs in the cleared community at all levels desired
United States, DC area with the potential for both domestic and international travel.
Must have, or ability to obtain, a clearance if required. Background check clearance required prior to prospective employment.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. May be required to work hours on weekends, holidays, and/or after hours in support of specific proposal capture/development efforts as needed.
Largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, inclusive of salary requirements, to HRdirector@ctp-inc.com, subject line “Program Director LAC”.
Candidate applications may be acknowledged but, due to the high volume of submissions, only final candidates will be contacted for future discussions.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to employment, credit and education verifications and criminal records check. All applicants are required to complete the associated paperwork in advance of an interview and writing samples may be requested.
CTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CTP is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class
Send Your Information
Do you think this position would be a good fit for you? Then, CTP would like to hear form you. Use the form below to send in your resume, and be sure to tell us about yourself and skillsets.