CTP is a privately held small business based in Alexandria, VA. We provide trade and security services for government and private clients and deliver technical assistance programs in over 80 countries around the world. CTP provides specific solutions or full lifecycle support, including course and curriculum design, expert instruction, logistics support, monitoring & evaluations, knowledge management, strategic planning, program management, and staffing services.
CTP is seeking a full-time Logistics Specialist to become an integral part of our growing logistics team. The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for managing logistics and event requirements within a specified task budget. The candidate will provide expertise supporting implementation of inbound (domestic) and outbound (international) activities that require logistics and event management support. The Logistics Specialist must be very detailed oriented, comfortable working in a relatively high stress environment, and be very effective working with CTP staff, clients and subcontractors.
The ideal candidate must be highly organized and motivated and bring the following skills and qualifications:
• Solid practical knowledge and experience conducting event planning/management, with at least 1 year of demonstrable experience required.
• Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands while prioritizing workload, managing projects, and handling multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
• Experience managing task budgets.
• Working knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations and federal contracting and experience working with US Government (USG).
• Superior oral and written communication skills with an ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a great attitude.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Capability to learn quickly, take direction, and exercise judgment in situations where quick decision-making is required.
• High degree of flexibility to work through multiple iterations of project planning, and quickly adapt to varying event and logistics requirements.
• Experience working on international projects or travel related tasks is highly desired.
• Multi-lingual background a plus.
• MS Office Suite expertise required.
• Coordinates day-to day domestic and international logistics and event management requirements, potentially for multiple simultaneous events, defined by USG-issued task orders and/or CTP management.
• Collaborates with colleagues and clients to coordinate and ensure program objectives are met.
• Functions as an administrative monitor for subcontractors, consultants and vendors to ensure all task/activity logistics objectives are met on time and within budget
• Assists with the development and management of logistics task budgets
• Secures quotes and agreements with vendors for costing as appropriate and conducts follow-up with prospective partners and vendors to ensure accuracy in pricing.
• Monitors all task deliveries, sometimes multiple simultaneous events, from start to closeout, focusing on quality assurance.
• May be asked to assist in the proposal development process to include compliance checks, questions and answers, and past performance narratives and questionnaires.
Educational or Equivalent Experience:
• BA or BS required
• Experience working in a government contracting environment desired
• Event management/meeting professional certifications a plus (CMP, CGMP)
• Language skills highly desired
United States, DC area with the potential for both domestic and international travel
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability insurance, Life Insurance, AD&D, Paid Time Off, Paid Company Holidays, Telework, Flexible Spending Account, and a 401K Retirement plan.
Entry level full-time position with a salary range of $40-50k per year, based on experience.
Must have, or ability to obtain, a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance if required. Background check clearance required prior to prospective employment.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. May be required to work weekends, holidays, and/or after hours in support of USG clients and foreign delegations.
Largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume, inclusive of salary requirements, to HRdirector@ctp-inc.com, subject line: Logistics Specialist.
Candidate applications may be acknowledged but, due to the high volume of submissions, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background review. This includes, but is not limited to: employment, credit and education verifications and criminal records check. All applicants are required to complete the associated paperwork in advance of an interview, and writing samples may be requested.