CTP is a privately held small business based in Alexandria, VA. Since 1993, we have provided trade and security services for government and corporate clients in over 88 countries.
- In government circles, CTP is best known for supporting international outreach programs. We have planned and managed over 1350 workshops and conferences in the United States and 88 countries around the world. We can provide specific solutions or full lifecycle support, including course and curriculum design, expert instruction, logistics support, monitoring & evaluations, knowledge management, strategic planning, program management, and staffing services.
- For private clients, CTP provides the full spectrum of export control consulting services, from product classification and licensing assistance to compliance audits, training programs, and the development of corporate Export Management Systems.
About The Team
Since founding CTP in 1993, Tom Fergus and Dale Barone have assembled a core group of technical and administrative experts to manage our increasingly complex tasks on behalf of public and private clients. We employ a horizontal structure with overlapping teams:
- Client Managers
- Finance & Admin Team
- Instructional Design
- Knowledge Management
- IT Services
- Business Development
Our core capabilities are augmented by our network of technical experts, service providers, Destination Management Companies(DMCs), and NGO’s in over 60 countries that assist with logistics, local staffing, technical supports, materials development, and in-country event/program support. We have also attracted over 300 experienced subject matter specialists/instructors with substantial international experience in such fields as export control, integrity awareness, targeting and risk management, anti-terrorism, diplomatic security, criminal justice, strategic investigations, and industry outreach.
Vision & Values
The core purpose of CTP is distinctly aligned with the vision of founders Dale Barone and Tom Fergus. They believe in providing quality service at a fair price. They believe in ongoing Quality Control and continuous improvement. They believe in the power of good employees who are trained, trusted and fairly compensated.
Government Codes & Categories
CTP has submitted our qualifications (and been granted) several Special Item Numbers(SINs) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes to make it easier for government buyers to acquire our services. See below.
GSA PSS SINs
- 874 1/C874 1RC – Integrated Consulting Services
- 874 4/C874 4RC – Training Services (see menu and catalog)
- 874 7/C874 7RC – Integrated Business Program Support Services
- 541 3/C541 3RC – Web Based Marketing Services
- 541 4D/C541 4DRC – Conference, Events and Tradeshow Planning Services
- 334519 – Other Measuring and Controlling Device Manufacturing
- 531120 – Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings (Except Miniwarehouses)
- 541330 – Engineering Services
- 541430 – Graphic Design Services
- 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- 541611 – Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
- 541612 – Human Resources Consulting Services
- 541618 – Other Management Consulting Services
- 541690 – Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- 541810 – Advertising Agencies
- 541930 – Translation and Interpretation Services
- 541990 – All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- 561110 – Office Administrative Services
- 561210 – Facilities Support Services
- 561599 – All Other Travel Arrangement and Reservation Services
- 561920 – Convention and Trade Show Organizers
- 561990 – All Other Support Services
- 611430 – Professional and Management Development Training
- 611699 – All Other Miscellaneous Schools and Instruction
- 721110 – Hotels (Except Casino Hotels) and Motels